Back in Thailand


After the challenging trip to India and a beauty pampering session Bangkok, I made my way back to Khao Lak, Thailand to meet back up with Dave and a bit of relaxation.

The Dive center where I had originally done my open water was being rebuilt, so I offered to do a few signs for them in exchange for some boat trips.




Although it's a fairly straight forward design, the two signs ended up taking quite a bit of time. I had to haggle pretty hard with one of the dive center execs to get a good deal in exchange ( I think all the time barganing in India paid off). In the end, I got a pretty sweet deal and it's quite satifiing to see my work up on the building. I also spent some time with the Tunami relief center here volunteering with some of there after school programs. There is some controvery here as to wether the need for volunteers is still present or not. I found that the volunteer center seemed to be trying to create reasons to justify there continued existence here, but that these reasons were rather feeble. The education programs have potential, but not a lot was really happening with them and seeing as they had more than enough hands to help I decided to spend more time on the painting and have agreed to do 6 more signs for Sea Dragon.

Here's a few photos of where I've been staying and a bit of snorkel fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi,

This is Dawn. Leah's old friend from way back when. Not sure if you remember me or not, but I have been looking for an e-mail address for leah forever now and can't seem to find one for her. I decided to look you up and found your blog. Looks like your having a lot of fun traveling. I would love to do that. But with 2 kids it's hard to do. lol Anyways, if you have an e-mail address for Leah could you e-mail it to me? Thanks so much! -Dawn
us4arthurs@aol.com